||Tallulah Park is located on Tallulah Avenue in the Tallulah section of north Jacksonville. An American Indian name, Tallulah means “leaping water”, and its common gender is female. Anticipating residential growth in the region, Jeremiah Fallausbee platted Tallulah in 1879, making it one of the oldest recorded plats in Jacksonville. Ten years after Jacksonville annexed the area in 1925, the City purchased land for the park, which was slightly expanded by an acquisition in 1949. Except for the lighted tennis courts, the 4-acre park contained most of the same facilities in 1965 as it does today. An attractive tree canopy surrounds the perimeter of the park, which contains new playground equipment installed in 2004. While Tallulah Park provides the area’s athletic facilities, residents visit the City’s smaller, passive parks along the Trout River in North Shore for less-active enjoyment and relaxation.