||Riverview Park is located on the Trout River in the Riverview/Fairview Pines section of northwest Jacksonville. The colorful Dr. E. H. Armstrong platted the 600-acre Riverview subdivision in 1911. Adjacent to the Ribault River, he created the 25-acre Riverview Tropical Gardens, which became a showplace in the 1930ís & 40ís, attracting over 15,000 visitors in 1936. Garden trails led past lovely native and imported trees, surrounded by blooming lilies, azaleas, and roses. In 1979, the City purchased land for the park from the Estate of H.S. Walker and developed the property; and the Riverview Community Center (now a Senior Center) opened at the site in 1985. Through the years, the wooded area and river setting, coupled with a playground area for children, made the facility a popular get-a-way spot for families. And today, the Center offers a myriad of activities and services for the areaís senior citizens.